Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Queen's Scrabble Wars


Picture the scene: You are in one of the world's biggest rock bands. What debauched backstage and on-tour behaviour lays ahead of you? Well, if that band was Queen, it seems it may not have always been sex, drugs and rock & roll….


Drummer Roger Taylor has explained that the rock legends loved kicking back with a nice game of Scrabble backstage.

He said: "Fred and I used to love Scrabble. We all played, but it got a bit too serious so that the other two would drop out, Freddie was brilliant because he could score more with fewer tiles. I was pretty much his match, I think."

I know what you're thinking, which member of Queen got the most impressive ever word during one of these Scrabble sessions?

He added: "Brian got the most points I have I've ever seen with one word, which was 168. Can I remember what that word was? Yes, Lacquers. Q on the triple, all seven letters, triple word. Work it out."

So, Queen loved playing Scrabble. What other secrets are out there? AC/DC playing Buckaroo? Aerosmith indulging in a friendly game of Jenga? Motley Crue refusing to go onstage until they've finished their game of Kerplunk?


No comments:

Post a Comment