Saturday, January 21, 2012

23 Queen songs in 9 minutes...

Musician Gregg M was invited as a guest in a ‘Queen evening’ and felt that a simple cover version was not the way to go. Therefore he decided to create something new and challenging, in order to entertain the audience, Gregg says it was “Like a Human Jukebox, actually …. It took a while for me  to figure out how to begin the monster and I worked it bit by bit. I separated it in several parts, each including 4 or more songs and then put the pieces together, just like a giant musical jigsaw puzzle. Two days later, and something like 20 hours of musical work of writing, rehearsing and demoing, I sent a draft to my singer (who’s with me in my band, The Sunchase, as well as my ‘twisted covers concept’, the Guest-Sessions) and we rehearsed it bits by bits some days later. We decided it would be more fun if we did not have any chart on stage so we worked really hard to remember everything and went onstage at ‘Le Zèbre’ in Paris the week after that.”
I hope you enjoy the Queen Mashup!


Further details for Gregg M and his music are available at ;
http://www.thesunchase.net/
http://www.onemonthonesong.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment